Linda Morrell is a Forensic Document Examiner previously employed by The Laboratory of the Government Chemist in London. Linda graduated in 1988 from University of Ulster with a B.Sc (Hons) in Biological Chemistry and in 1989 received an M.Sc in Forensic Science from the University of Strathclyde, Scotland. Now in private practice in New Zealand, Linda conducts in-house lectures, runs training workshops and provides expert services for various legal firms, corporations and government departments.
In the course of her 17 years in the field of forensic document examination she has been continually instructed in and practiced all areas of the subject including:
• Identification of handwriting, signatures, typewriting, printers and printed matter;
• Distinguishing forgery from genuineness;
• Analyzing inks, papers and other substances that are combined into documents;
• Detection of additions and substitutions on a document;
• Restoration or decipherment of erased and obliterated writing.